Sports massage isn't just for athletes it can benefit all people. Sports massage is good for people if they have a specific problem like a tendder knee from running or a sore neck and shoulders from everyday living. Deep massage strokes are used which help to warm up the soft tissues, improve circulation and lymph fluids making them easier to work and relieving tension. After a Sports massage the client may feel lighter and be able to get a wider range of movement.
There are many benefits to having a sports massage.
- Helping with chronic pain
- Enabling a greater range of movement
- Stimulating blood circulation
- An athletes performance can be improved
- Preventing injuries by removing tension in muscles. ligaments, tendons and joints.
- Assists the removal of metabolic waste
- Increase or decrease muscle length and tone.